Convene Winter Session of TN Assembly immediately and pass a resolution, once again, seeking cancellation of NEET Exam in the state and obtain President’s consent for it says DMK President MK Stalin
Delegation led by TN Minister for Information and Publicity, Kadambur Raju calls on Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
Pic Credit: @nsitharamanoffc
Dy CM OPS with US Indian SME Council executives
O Panneerselvam, @OfficeOfOPS – Dy CM of TamilNadu. Coordinator AIADMK :
- At the Watergate Hotel in Washington DC, met the executives of the US Indian SME Council and highlighted the “ideal conditions prevailing for starting a business in Tamil Nadu”.
- Discussed the possibilities of getting investments to the state
Pic Credit : @OfficeOfOPS
‘IIT Madras student Fathima’s death is not due to suicide’
MK Stalin, @mkstalin – DMK President :
- IIT Madras student Fathima’s death is not due to suicide; Questions raised by her parents indicate the presence of hidden aspects! Their tears should get justice!
- By promptly arresting the culprits the Govt of TN should prove that justice will be delivered.
Pic Credit : @mkstalin
Govt of India creates a new unit office of CBI at Puducherry
Kiran Bedi, @thekiranbedi – Lt Governor Puducherry :
- Puducherry people thank Govt of India for opening a unit of CBI in Puducherry.
- It was a long standing need and a demand.
- It has been met now.
- It shall go a long way in instilling hope in the hearts & minds of the people that they can seek urgent intervention.
Puducherry Chief Minister V Narayanasami met Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman today at New Delhi seeking additional funds for the state
Pic Credit: @CMPuducherry
‘Data shows that people are spending less for the first time in 40 years’
MK Stalin, @mkstalin – DMK President :
- NSO Consumer Spending Data points to a dire economic situation and a bleak economic outlook.
- Data shows that people are spending less for the first time in 40 years.
- Union Govt must pay heed to the key indicators on spending and immediately take measures to boost rural economy.
‘Last day of CJI Gogoi in SC’
Prashant Bhushan, @pbhushan1 – Public Interest Lawyer and Activist:
- Last day of CJI Gogoi in SC.
- How to evaluate him?
- Great expectations after Jan ’18 presser.
- But was accused in sexual harassment complaint of staffer.
- No improvement in CJI’s power as master of roster.
- All politically sensitive cases decided in favour of govt.
- Goes with a whimper
‘Usually governments work towards eradicating poverty, not towards eliminating data’
Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, @priyankagandhi – General Secretary, Congress :
- Consumer spending in India has collapsed.
- Successive govts have striven tirelessly to combat poverty and empower the people.
- This govt is making history by driving people into poverty: while rural India faces the dire consequences of their policies, the BJP ensures that their corporate friends become richer by the day.
- Usually governments work towards eradicating poverty, not towards eliminating data.
‘Delightful meeting with..’
Delightful meeting with @Baird Ex- Foreign Minister, Canada & @nadirypatel on India – Canada investment & trade relations & how we can work together to expand ties in infrastructure particularly aviation & roads.
Pic Credit : @amitabhk87
‘A must watch’
- ‘Where were the advocates of human rights when my rights were taken away?’ asks noted columnist Sunanda Vashisht at the US Congressional hearing on Human Rights in Washington.
- ‘Abrogation of Article 370 is in fact a restoration of human rights’, she says.
‘Where were the advocates of human rights when my rights were taken away?’ asks noted columnist Sunanda Vashisht at the US Congressional hearing on Human Rights in Washington.
‘Abrogation of Article 370 is in fact a restoration of human rights’, she says. A must watch. pic.twitter.com/TTqLN1ZDNq
— BJP (@BJP4India) November 15, 2019
‘No such letter has been written’
K.S. Dhatwalia, @DG_PIB – Principal Spokesperson, Govt of India :
- A purported letter from PM Narendra Modi to Chief Justice of India on the Ayodhya judgment is circulating on social media.
- PIB Fact Check: no such letter has been written.