PM Narendra Modi with leaders of BRICS nations before the BRICS Business Council meet in Brasilia earlier today
Pic Credit: @PMOIndia
‘Why a person who was doing election work as per Supreme Court order has been transferred?’
MK Stalin, @mkstalin – DMK President :
- The sudden transfer of Tamil Nadu State Election Commission Secretary, Mr. Palanisamy, who has been taking lot of steps to hold the local body elections, is to be condemned!
- Why a person who was doing election work as per Supreme Court order changed?
- Has Villupuram District Collector been appointed State Election Commissioner for his “loyalty” in the Vikravandi bye-election?
- Is this an arrangement to; Postpone local body elections?
- Or it is for the AIADMK men to involve in rigging in the local body elections?
The attitude to ensure all have equal rights should grow: MK Stalin
- The death of Fatima Latif, a Chennai IIT student, is shocking.
- Saffronising educational institutions should be avoided, instead the attitude to ensure all have equal rights should grow.
‘Inauguration of the Pedestrain Plaza in T Nagar is highly commendable, Multi-level Parking lots lead to more congestion & pollution’
Dr. S. Ramadoss, @drramadoss – Founder, Pattali Makkal Katchi :
- The inauguration of the Pedestrain Plaza in T Nagar by TN CM EPS under the Smart City project is highly commendable.
- The CM’s announcement that all roads in Chennai will also be graudally upgraded needs to be welcomed too.
- In Chennai the ‘Non-Motorized Transport Policy’ 2014 should be fully and expeditiously implemented.
- Also ‘Transit Oriented Development’ policy should be implemented.
- Implement the ‘Bus Rapid Transit System’ too.
- An useful Rs 40 Cr. Pedestrian Plaza has been created in T Nagar.
- It is contradictory to construct in the same location a ‘multi-level car parking’ at a cost of Rs.37 crores.
- Multi-level Parking lots are unscientific. They lead to more congestion & pollution.
- TN Govt should give up creating Multi-Level parking lots under the Smart City project in Chennai, especially near public places, parks, playgrounds and near temples.
TN Govt should immediately initiate legal action to stop Karnataka from going ahead with the construction of a dam on Thenn Pennai river: TTV Dhinakaran
‘From Road to Parliament, Rahul Gandhi and his party tried hard to mislead the country’
Jagat Prakash Nadda, @JPNadda – National Working President, BJP :
- Supreme Court has dismissed Review Petition on Rafale.
- SC says that Rahul Gandhi should not have made political comments without reading the full order.
- He needs to be more careful in future.
- We do not want to continue proceedings any further.
- From Road to Parliament, Rahul Gandhi and his party tried hard to mislead the country on this issue but Truth Prevailed.
- I wish Rahul Gandhi would be in country and should make apologies to nation.
‘An investigation must now begin in full earnest’
Rahul Gandhi, @RahulGandhi – Congress leader :
- Justice Joseph of the Supreme Court has opened a huge door into investigation of the RAFALE scam.
- An investigation must now begin in full earnest.
- A Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) must also be set up to probe this scam.
‘YS Jagan launches the Nadu Nedu program’
Vijayasai Reddy V, @VSReddy_MP – YSRCP leader :
- On the occasion of Childrens Day, YS Jagan launches the Nadu Nedu program, through which 45,000 Government schools will get a face-lift.
- Today’s children are tomorrows future.
- Our motto is to provide best education and infrastructure to ALL.
Pic Credit: @VSReddy_MP
‘My favourite story about my great-grandfather’
Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, @priyankagandhi – General Secretary, Congress :
- My favourite story about my great-grandfather is the one about when as PM, he returned from work at 3 am to find his bodyguard exhausted and asleep on his bed. He covered him with a blanket and slept on an adjacent chair.
- Sometimes the simplest things tell us more about a man than the most glorious tales.
Congress leaders pay tributes to Nehru
Former PM Dr Manmohan Singh, Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Former President Pranab Mukherjee & Former Vice President Hamid Ansari attend a commemorative programme to mark Pt. Nehru’s birth anniversary.
Pic Credit: @INCIndia