Guided by the adverse impact it would have on the lives of all Indians: PM Modi while announcing India’s decision not to join the RCEP
Raveesh Kumar, @MEAIndia – Official Spokesperson, Min. of External Affairs :
- PM @narendramodi participated at the 3rd RCEP Summit in Bangkok. He conveyed India’s decision not to join the RCEP Agreement based on the current global economic situation as well as on the grounds of fairness and balance.
- India had significant issues of core interest that remained unresolved. PM highlighted that he was guided by the adverse impact it would have on the lives of all Indians, specially the vulnerable sections of the society.
- India participated in discussions in good faith & negotiated hard, with a clear-eyed view of our interests. In given circumstances, we believe that not joining is right decision. India would continue to strengthen our trade, investment & people-to-people ties with this region.
Pic Credit : @MEAIndia
‘Today’s East Asia Summit was characterised by fruitful deliberations’
PM Narendra Modi, @narendramodi :
- Coming together for a better future for our planet.
- Today’s East Asia Summit was characterised by fruitful deliberations on ways to mitigate various global challenges.
Pic Credit : @narendramodi
ATITHI – a Mobile App paving way for hassle free Customs clearance at the Indian airports launched by FM Nirmala Sitharaman
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman today launched in New Delhi two IT initiatives of Customs Department – ATITHI and ICEDASH
- ATITHI is an easy to use mobile app for international passengers.
- It allows filing of declarations with Indian Customs even before boarding the flight to India, paving way for hassle free Customs clearance at the Indian airports.
- ICEDASH developed by CBIC is an informative dashboard to allow public see and compare import clearance times at all ports across India.
- ICEDASH has been designed in collaboration with @NICMeity and can be accessed through the CBIC website
Pic Credit: @CBIC_India
‘Girls have been outshining boys’
President Kovind, @rashtrapathibhvn :
- In almost all the universities where I have attended convocations, I have observed that girls have been outshining boys.
- This reflects our society’s progress and points towards our bright future as a developed nation
In almost all the universities where I have attended convocations, I have observed that girls have been outshining boys. This reflects our society’s progress and points towards our bright future as a developed nation pic.twitter.com/SIR6zTwdnv
— President of India (@rashtrapatibhvn) November 4, 2019
‘All those who worked for Tamil are continously being insulted’
MK Stalin, @mkstalin – DMK President :
- Disrespect to the statue of Periyar,
- painting Thiruvalluvar’s statue in saffron,
- showing disrespect to his statue in Pillayapatti, Thanjavur.
- All those who worked for Tamil are continously being insulted.
- The AIADMK Govt which is incharge of policing should feel ashamed!
பெரியார் சிலை அவமதிக்கப்பட்டது, திருவள்ளுவருக்கு காவிச் சாயம் பூசுவது – தஞ்சை, பிள்ளையார்பட்டியில் அவரது சிலையை அவமானப்படுத்துவது என, தமிழுக்காகப் பாடுபட்டவர்களை அவமதிப்பது தொடர்கதையாகிவிட்டது.
இதற்காக, காவல்துறையை கையில் வைத்திருக்கும் அதிமுக அரசு வெட்கித் தலைகுனிய வேண்டும்! pic.twitter.com/J2HjJOrkiv
— M.K.Stalin (@mkstalin) November 4, 2019
‘Mettur water green in colour, stinking’
Dr,S Ramadoss, @drramadoss, PMK Founder :
- The wastewater discharged by Karnataka into Cauvery has resulted in water in the Mettur reservoir becoming green in colour & stinking.
- This is a cause for concern.
- Karnataka which used to use TN for draining its excess water is trying to convert it into a sewer, this needs to be condemned. This has to be prevented!
One kg rice in exchange of one kg plastic waste
Dr,S Ramadoss, @drramadoss, PMK Founder :
“It is commendable that a scheme that offers one kg rice in exchange of one kg plastic waste is being successfully implemented, in Mulugu district of Telangana, in order to raise awareness about plastic eradication. Such modern efforts must continue!”
‘I too carpooled with my Ministers to work today’
Arvind Kejriwal, @ArvindKejriwal – Delhi CM :
- “Be the change you wish to see in the world”
- I am glad every Delhiite is happily participating in Odd Even and represents the change that Delhi wishes to see.
- I too carpooled with my Ministers to work today.
- We will alternate between my car and theirs for the rest of Odd Even.
Pic Credit: @ArvindKejriwal